In order to be considered for the waitlist and enrollment into Educare Chicago, the interested family must meet with an Educare eligibility specialist to determine their Head Start eligibility.
During the eligibility determination process, the parent(s) must:
- Complete the Early/Head Start Application
- Provide verifiable income for all primary adults living in the household of the enrolling child. Verifiable income information can include any of the following: the parents two most recent and consecutive checks stubs, W2s from all employment, filed income taxes, income verification form with the rate of pay and number of hours worked, letter from employer on company letterhead documenting income that includes rate of pay and number of hours worked, child support, unemployment, or SSI income.
- If receiving TANF Cash, provide documentation from the state of Illinois.
- If the family states their living situation is temporary and unstable, they will be asked additional information to determine whether they qualify for the McKinley Vento Act. This information is subject to verification.
- Original Birth Certificate to verify the enrolling child’s age.
- Provide their child’s current physical on a DHS physical form that will be provided as well as a dental for any child that is at least 18 months old on a dental form that will also be provided in order to enroll in the program.
- Other documents needed at the time of Head Start eligibility determination: Driver’s license or state ID, IFSP/IEP documentation.
- Complete the IDHS Child Care Application
- Determine eligibility for the Prevention Initiative and Preschool for All