As our county begins to slowly open back up, we are eagerly preparing to welcome children, families, and educators back to Educare Chicago! Please refer to this page for our most recent updates regarding our response to COVID-19. If you have questions, please contact us:
- Currently enrolled families: please contact your Family Support Specialist.
- Families interest in applying: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Governor Pritzker and Mayor Lightfoot have released guidance on reopening childcare programs in the State of Illinois and the City of Chicago.
Although it was determined that childcare programs could reopen, there are many requirements that need to be in place prior to accepting children. Due to both State and City requirements, Educare is allowed to serve a limited number of children in a center-based school option. Educare Chicago is planning to resume center-based school operations on Monday, August 3, 2020.
Educare Chicago has established a Reopen Committee to plan for the many requirements mandated by the City of Chicago and the Department of Children and Family Services to reopen our school. Prior to opening, Educare must submit a written plan to the Department of Children and Family Services and Grantee Support Services. Some changes that are required for reopening:
- Screening children and staff daily prior to entry into the school
- Limiting access to children throughout the day
- Increased cleaning and sanitation practices
- Social distancing and wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) for staff and children over two
- Increased square footage of 50 sq. ft per child
- Excluding children and staff when there is a cough, temperature, diarrhea, rash, any COVID-19 symptoms
- 6 feet of space between cribs and sleeping cots
- Installation of protective barriers
- Updating policies and procedures
Additional requirements are detailed in the links below:
- City of Chicago: Industries Guidelines
- Phase IV Gradually Resume: Industry Guidelines for Reopening
- Reopening Child Care in Illinois
Staying Informed and Connected
Educare is committed to safely providing comprehensive services for your child(ren) and family. Some practices you were accustomed to experiencing will change because of new rules and regulations that are being put in place to ensure children, families and staff are safe. We have several opportunities to outline changes to program practices and to get your feedback. Information will be shared during the Wednesday “Weekly Wrap Ups” that are held via Zoom from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm. We will also be hosting a mandatory Parent Orientation on July 31.
Finally, we will host Parent Committee Meetings in June and July. Stay tuned for information on the dates and times for the Parent Committee Meetings.
In the meantime, you can continue to stay updated on the latest, credible Coronavirus information by visiting:
Educare’s Mental Health and Wellness Consultants are available as resources to our currently enrolled families, offering one-on-one as well as group supports. To access these supports, please contact your Family Support Specialist.
Virtual Learning Opportunities
The teachers and family support team are doing some amazing outreach to continue to be a support to your child and family. If you have not already done so, please join your classroom’s ClassDojo. ClassDojo is a web-based site that supports virtual learning. Teachers and parents can communicate through ClassDojo, and teachers are able to upload video lessons, story times, music times, etc. This is a way to stay socially connected with your child’s teacher and your child’s classmates while we are physically distant.