Please refer to this page for our most recent updates regarding our response to COVID-19. If you have questions, please contact us:
- Currently enrolled families: please contact your Family Support Specialist.
- Families interested in applying: please email email@example.com
Educare Chicago’s 2021-2022 school year began on Monday August 30, 2021 at full enrollment capacity.
COVID-19 Operational Safety Measures
Educare Chicago is operating under an approved reopening plan that meets the requirements laid out by the City of Chicago and the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. Some of our COVID-19 operational safety measures include:
- Screening parents/guardians, children and staff daily prior to entry into the school
- Limiting access to children throughout the day
- Increased cleaning and sanitation practices
- Social distancing and wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) for staff and children over two
- Excluding children and staff when there are any COVID-19 symptoms
- Two isolation rooms for children that become ill while in our care
- 6 feet of space between cribs and sleeping cots
- Installation of protective barriers
- Updating policies and procedures
Additional requirements are detailed in the links below:
Staying Informed and Connected
Educare is committed to safely providing comprehensive services for your child(ren) and family. Some practices you may have been accustomed to experiencing have changed because of new rules and regulations that have been put in place to ensure children, families and staff are safe. We outline changes to program practices at our annual parent orientation and welcome your feedback.
We will also host monthly Parent Committee Meetings throughout the year.
In the meantime, you can continue to stay updated on the latest, credible Coronavirus information by visiting:
Educare’s Mental Health and Wellness Consultants are available as resources to our currently enrolled families, offering one-on-one as well as group supports. To access these supports, please contact your Family Support Specialist.
Virtual Learning Opportunities
During the 2021-2022 school year, virtual learning will only be offered as an alternate option to center-based learning when a child is excluded from the program for an extended amount of time due to COVID-19 symptoms or a positive COVID-19 case, or when a classroom is advised by the Chicago Department of Public Health to shut down for an extended amount of time due to positive COVID-19 cases.
The teachers and Family Support Team are doing some amazing outreach to continue to be a support to your child and family. If you have not already done so, please join your classroom’s ClassDojo. ClassDojo is a web-based site that supports virtual learning. Teachers and parents can communicate through ClassDojo, and teachers are able to upload video lessons, story times, music times, etc. This is a way to stay socially connected with your child’s teacher and your child’s classmates.